In early December, Lanway formed its first ever staff forum, another positive statement out to the local community that Lanway is taking its social responsibility within the Burnley area seriously. This comes 4 months after Lanway stated that it was to create its own in-house Training and Development academy to support continual learning and development for its 68+ employee base – it believes that this will help in achieving its growth target of £50M in the next 4 years Lanway based on its current 37.5% YOY growth.
The newly created team of 10 volunteering for the staff forum, chose 3 local charities in December to support:-
- Blackburn, Darwen & District with Abuse (The Wish) – exists to assist in the relief of men, women and their children who have experienced or who are at risk of suffering domestic abuse through the provision of support, advice, and accommodation.
- Lanway staff collected and donated 2 van’s full of Children’s clothes, toys, games console, baby equipment, women’s clothes, general toiletries and bedding. The refuge have up to 30 children and mothers at any one time in their care.
- Carer’s Link Lancashire - Carers Link are an Accrington based charity that support 70 children between the ages of 6-18 from East Lancashire including Accrington, Oswaldtwistle, Great Harwood, Read, Simonstone, Clitheroe & Longridge.
- Lanway On Wed 17th December – Lanway delivered 30+ brand new Christmas gifts to Carers Link Office in Accrington that Lanway Staff had generously bought and donated to ensure each child received a gift. We also presented a cheque for £250 to completely fund the young carers Christmas Party which included Catering, selection box for each child, wrapping paper ETC. The money was collected by all the staff at Lanway making and bringing in food for a Lanway Christmas Market and selling it to fund the Children’s Party. On Monday 22nd Dec – Lanway Staff attending/helping/providing entertainment for young carers Christmas Party. Attendees: Amber McCallum. Dominique Wilson (Elf). Danielle Fox and Jennie Glover (Elsa & Anna from Frozen). Patrick Hodson (Father Christmas). Jennie Glover also made a frozen themed cake for the party.
- Help The Homeless – A locally based charity to help homeless people with supplying food, blankets and helping to get homeless people shelter and off the streets.
- Lanway – Donated a heap of stuff that included; Food Supplies: Snack pots, nuts, soup, cereal bars, porridge. Clothing supplies and most importantly the silver foil blankets that for just 60p can help saves someone’s life in the bitter winter months. All of what we donated was distributed around Burnley and Blackburn over the Christmas period
We had some wonderful feedback from the charities that we supported, below are some of the images and messages we received.
Thank you to everyone involved for helping us make this such a great success.